What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Part way through this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Hi Carl.
It was pretty easy really, all caps and berets came with precut reinforced holes to which the badges were attached either by a spike or split pin, a folded flap of either leather or cloth would sit inside the headgear to protect the skin.
Other badges, such as my regiment would have a sewn on insignia.
I hope that helps buddy.
View attachment 18761View attachment 18762
I have really enjoyed seeing these Zippo buddy. The one with the kukris especially intriques me.

Part way through this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

The missus and I were tied up yesterday and today visiting family and baby-sitting three of our great-grandsons. Finally back home enjoying the nice weather listening to the audiobook of Master and Commander, smoking Straus Private Stock Aromatic in a Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem, and sipping Knob Creek Rye on ice.
20240229_102401.jpg

Back from burger night at the Legion. Was very good and wifey doesn't have to fix dinner, lol. Having 2012 Esoterica Margate in a seldom smoked Sav Estella Non Pareil with Earl Gray tea. 2 Honor Guard ceremonies tomorrow so I need to go polish my boots as soon as this bowl is done. Good evening BoBs.

Hi Carl.
It was pretty easy really, all caps and berets came with precut reinforced holes to which the badges were attached either by a spike or split pin, a folded flap of either leather or cloth would sit inside the headgear to protect the skin.
Other badges, such as my regiment would have a sewn on insignia.
I hope that helps buddy.
View attachment 18761View attachment 18762
Zip,

Thanks for the reply and the info. I guess each country has its own way of identifying the units that soldiers belong to. A big salute to you,l who if my limited knowledge works, served in the commando unit of HM Army.

Carl

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big French cut pork chops with a baked potato and an eggs and cheese omelet dinner. Dessert was a bowl of really rich French vanilla ice cream. I've less than a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a pre-1923 smooth dark brown early Comoy’s Prior (Gros, Grenier, Ostero & Cie.) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Phillies-Mets game.
Prior_pot.jpg

Here's why it took me so long to post dinner and a smoke.
SOTChest1.jpg

SOTJimSide1.jpg

SOTHandonHand.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Yesterday was a routine day, except for what I saw at two a.m this past morning. I went outside to see who might be hungry, and was surprised to see laying next to Tomato the Brave was a possum. Usually, the ferals run scared from possums, but Daisy the Feral Princess and Harry the Hairy were on the deck, too. They were a few feet away, but Tomato was only inches away from that possum. When the possum saw me, it ran as fast as it could off the deck. Almost as strange was none of the cats wanted to eat. I suppose their nerves were too frayed to think about food.

When I woke up today, I went to the kitchen and saw Tomato staring through the window. He was staying far away from Harry the Hairy on the trash cans. Tomato is afraid of Harry, and the latter knows it. They had encounters during both of my sets of walking. Daisy the Feral Princess snoozed all day and evening. Sam the Scamp spent so much time looking after her two scampers today that she left them to snooze in peace. Haven’t seen Abner the Eager in two days.
TomatoWindow1.jpg

TomatoTrashCans2.jpg

Tomato&Harry.jpg

DaisyStareStretch.jpg

Attachments

• DaisyStareStretch.jpg
    DaisyStareStretch.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Reds-Dodgers game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am half way through this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Are those casings 7.62mm X 51 mm NATO?
Hi Singed....Good eye
They are .308 Winchester its a smokeless powder rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge widely used for hunting, target shooting, police, military, and personal protection applications globally. It is similar, but not identical, to the 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge

Last edited: